We are looking for a motivated Production Manager for our manufacturing department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring the production of high performance products with the quality, delivery, and cost to meet customers’ requirements. The Production Manager will be responsible in managing the daily activities of the manufacturing department while ensuring the safety of employees and the efficient manufacture of products which satisfy all quality, productivity, cost and delivery requirements. The Production Manager will implement quality and production plans; monitor and initiate improvements to throughput, span-time, productivity, and on-time delivery.
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, and activities of manufacturing shop floor.
- Review production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Develop or implement production tracking, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports to detect production problems as necessary.
- Ensure that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Maintain the integrity of physical item storage and work in process inventory.
- Maintain the integrity of the ERP system that it reflects actual conditions on the shop floor.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of the production quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
- Review product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality with QA.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Evaluate production employees, and assist to resolve personnel grievances.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree preferred, or equivalent experience in Production Control or scheduling.
- Working knowledge of MRP, and ERP systems.
- APICS certification highly desired but not required.
- Knowledgeable in Procurement, and Manufacturing.
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, reliable, team player, and have strong initiative.
- Good communication, presentation skills, flexible, and capable of prioritizing work load.
- Good typing (i.e.; 40+ wpm), phone and grammar skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- May be required to use hands to finger, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 S. Wixom Rd.
Wixom, Michigan 48393-2417
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer