We are looking for a motivated Electronic Engineering Technician for our Engineering Lab department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Electronic Engineering Technician is responsible for performing qualifying tests (verification & validation) and troubleshooting as an integral member of a design team developing new electronic product designs incorporating hardware circuitry and firmware/software. Must be a problem solver who can function effectively with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of analog and digital symbol identification.
- Knowledge of test practices and procedures.
- Ability to read/interpret schematics, assembly drawings, parts lists, and wire data lists.
- Ability to operate test equipment such as ohmmeters, digital voltmeters, generators, counters, oscilloscopes.
- Programming experience in C and/or C++. Programming of embedded microcontrollers is a plus.
- Experience with electronic CAD schematic capture. Mechanical CAD experience is a plus.
- Experience in performance of EMC testing to meet European Norms (CE) is a plus (RFI, cRFI, ESD, EFT, surge, and radiated emissions).
- Experience with multiple pieces of equipment using various communications protocols, such as RS-232, RS-485, ModBus, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with hand soldering small scale electronic components.
- Must be self-motivated to meet scheduled goals with minimum supervision.
- Flexible to alternate between job assignments.
- Must follow ESD and AS9100 standards.
- Must maintain a weekly project task list.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Electronic Technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology (BSEET) is a plus, and 2+ years’ work experience preferred.
- LINUX operating system experience. Ability to run detailed procedures to configure firmware and load software, test and troubleshoot, radio frequency experience is a plus.
- Soldering skills proficiency with fine pitch lead-free surface mount soldering, and ball grid arrays.
- Excellent skills in building, troubleshooting/repairing, and verifying the electronic products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of CAD, schematic, and drawing applications.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask daily.
- Creative yet analytical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Project, Excel, etc.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to eight hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a lab environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer