The Electrical Engineer – Embedded Board will do the research and design of electronic products, this includes testing, documentation, and manufacturing support of electronic products. In addition, existing products must occasionally be supported with component updates.
Must have a thorough understanding of FPGA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test. Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
Must be capable of providing product application support for new and existing products. The Electrical Engineer – Embedded Board role will be an instrumental part of how our business grows moving forward, both in design & manufacturing as well as business development.
- Responsible for leading or executing electrical project monitoring and control activities such as: work planning, team meetings, and open issues.
- Plans and formulates engineering activities according to project requirements.
- Develop functional coverage models and close code coverage.
- Support board level FPGA integration.
- Provide technical expertise in product development lead and/or participate in the design and development of new products.
- Assume engineering responsibility for all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Generate schematics, bill of material, and PCB layout guidelines
- Review and evaluate test results Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of CAD parts/library maintenance, and manufacturing support.
- Knowledge CAD, schematic, and layout skills.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling, preliminary design, and costing efforts.
- Generates product functional specifications and product test requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with relevant design standards and marketing needs.
- Reviews and reports project status against the schedule during the development cycle.
- Provide technical leadership and support with other team members, including sales, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Resolves engineering design and testing problems.
- Documents products per company requirements.
- Helps train and direct support personnel as required.
- Do research into new applications/methods as required.
- Reviews and refines methods to enhance hardware/firmware development.
- Consults with software engineering staff to optimize interfaces between hardware and software.
- Agrees to execute all required research and development tasks and any other projects so directed by management.
- Continues to seek education to enhance abilities.
- Maintains a task list on a weekly basis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (BSEE), and/or Computer Engineering (BSCE) degree and/or Master’s degree in Electronics.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience using and designing with FPGA products, VHDL and schematic capture tools.
- High-speed digital design centering around FPGA.
- Proficiency in VHDL.
- Experience developing Xilinx® FPGAs using Vivado®.
- Board Level design, schematic capture, and board layout experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to understand clients’ needs quickly and be able to communicate those needs.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask daily.
- Creative yet analytical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools: Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40+-hour per week.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
- Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 S. Wixom Rd.
Wixom, Michigan 48393-2417
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer