Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated Application Engineer. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
An Applications Engineer is responsible for assisting the regional sales managers of the Process Division Sales Group to answer questions for customers concerning proper operation of Acromag equipment. Primary interfaces are the Regional Sales Managers for the Process Division Sales Group, the Engineering Department at Acromag, and as time proceeds, making direct customer contact to provide job winning support and assistance. To accomplish this task, you will perform the following duties.
- Become well versed in Acromag process product applications for signal conditioning and network I/O equipment.
- Create documents and be ready to use: Email, Word, Excel, Project, and Powerpoint software programs.
- Understand the motivations of Acromag’s representatives and distributors in North America heretofore called the Acromag NA Sales Channels.
- Responsible for ensuring product support cases are answered in a timely fashion and facilitate the conduit to the customer from Acromag Engineering’s Department.
- Give a weekly basis report progress on customer issues and other projects.
- Support work will at times lead to new opportunities. Work with Regional Sales Managers to qualify new opportunities.
- Become a “hot back-up” for Regional Sales Managers especially as it pertains to working with potential customer application hardware and software requirements.
- Document all correspondence with customers and representatives through the use of Acromag’s CRM.
- Assist with quote preparation at the direction of management.
- Create/assist in the creation of application notes and maintain on-line search engine content.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering, along with a minimum of 2+ years’ relevant work experience.
- A passion for technology and its implementation.
- Understanding of computer architectures and performance evaluation thereof.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to understand clients’ needs quickly and be able to communicate those needs.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Creative yet analytical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong computer skills.
- Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Able to master a large variety of product specifications and applications.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to eight hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40+-hour per week.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
- Travel is limited.
- Product support travel may be requested from time to time.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 S. Wixom Rd.
Wixom, Michigan 48393-2417
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer